Married By Morning - Lisa Kleypas

I finished this book a few days ago but I wanted a little bit to digest it. All in all, I will say the writing was good. That's probably where the majority of the stars' rating comes from, at least in this case. It wasn't extremely rushed either I suppose. There was a "I-can't-marry-you/be-with-you-because-I'm-not-good-enough", which, surprisingly, I didn't have as much issue with as I would some other Romances (if it's done incorrectly) due to the fact this is historical England and class was important.

Now, for the things I didn't like.

1) I didn't like the constant use of the derogatory word(i.e., slur) for Romany/Roma culture/people.  While I understand that this was a historical, it just seemed overused. And sometimes, the author would use both Romany/Roma and that word in the same sentence. It just got excessive(and excessively offensive).

2) I picked up this book because I heard that the author tends not to write Alpha males. While the hero of this novel wasn't an Alpha, he had some "Alpha-ness" I suppose is the best way to say it. There were a lot of times that his actions(and the heroine's actions in turn) made me kind of cringe.  So, he wasn't the worst obviously but he was still not super good.

All in all, it wasn't that bad. I'm kind of debating whether or not I'll pick up another book though.